HOW DOES IT WORK?
The AFM online platform will match content from filmmakers’ especially official selection films of BSIFF with distributors and other sellers by promoting those content to them. Distributors all over the world can thus, search, screen, negotiate rights packages etc. with filmmakers making it an easier and quicker process to getting the content they need.
The platform is targeted at all key stakeholders across the value chain including:
- Content distributors
- Media platforms (Television, online)
- Content Developers
- Animation service providers
- Free for distributors and other buys to use in the first year and after the first year, would have to pay $50 to continue enjoying the benefits of the site.
- Filmmakers, content creators and other sellers who want to get listed will have free access for their first year and then pay $30 to continue enjoying the benefits of the site and get full access to everything on the website.
- If you are a non-filmmaker, you can also fully access the site by paying an initial $30 to enjoy access to interesting content, build a great network and transact businesses.
A 7% commission is payable on a successful transaction (that is, when content on the platform gains distribution or is sold to a seller). Africa Film Market only gets paid when value is created for both parties (the seller and the buyer)!